Building a brand is key to success in any industry, and Nik Sharma is a prime example of this. The brand needs to be aesthetically pleasing. It also needs to convey the message that the company wants to present.
The brand drives consumers to want more for their money and buy something new. However, you wouldn’t want to spend all your money on Google and Facebook ads! First impressions are essential when building a solid brand presence, which Nik Sharma has fully grasped with his own companies.
Sharma Brands is the umbrella company for some growing brands in CPG. Nic also invests, operates, and offers advice to some of the brands in DTC (direct-to-consumer).
Nik Sharma Early Life and Education
While young, Nic attended Francis Parker School, a private preparatory school in San Diego. Nik then went on to attend Westview High School. In high school, Nik wasn’t among the most intelligent kids in his class, but he did have a strong desire to learn.
However, his mindset to live a good life and do good things was instilled in him at a young age by his parents, who are both immigrants. During his sophomore year, he started exploring other ideas for businesses.
Being open-minded at this tender age, Nik got interested in advertising, and social media marketing after one of his neighbors, Jesse Pujji, founder of Ampush, a leading advertising company, came over to his house.
He later joined Hallstrom Academy, an innovation-based high school in Santa Monica, CA. He started social media strategies for celebrities like Pitbull, Frankie J., and Priyanka Chopra! At this point, Nik opted to defer his college studies and drive his focus on advertising.
Nik Sharma Career Journey
After deferring his college studies, the exodus to his most crucial venture had begun. Nik Sharma joined the advertising agency as an intern to work in San Francisco, where he learned the basics of advertising and paid marketing.
Additionally, he got to work with brands like Walmart, Complex, TripAdvisor, etc. Nik also got to understand how the top brands did their marketing.
After his internship, Nik joined Hint water company as the director of performance marketing. His new role entailed scaling up the company’s marketing channels and working with agencies to create impactful campaigns. Nik was successful in this role, and the brand started performing well.
Nik spent two years at Hint and then moved on to freelance advertising. In 2019, Nik Sharma decided to start his Sharma Brands venture, an umbrella company for some growing brands. At Sharma, Nik got to work together with popular brands like; JUDY, The Pill Club, and Poo-Pourri, which he helped upscale their incomes through digital platforms.
Sharma Brand performed well in that it caught the attention of investors, and more brands started to put money into the company. His efforts, however, didn’t go unrecognized as he was among the list of those who received the 2019 Forbes 30 under 30.
Nik Sharma Positions
At 22, Nic holds a few distinguished titles: CEO and Founder of Sharma Brands, Investor in Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) brands, advisor to some DTC brands. Nik is one of the youngest people on this list!
In addition to being a CEO, Nik is also an investor in Onda, a spirit brand for drinkers. He also adds on the investor’s list by being an investor in Alloy Automation, a no-code eCommerce tool that helps automate selling on eBay, Amazon, etc.
Nik is also an investor in Arber, a brand that creates natural plant wellness products. He is also a founding member and Advisor at Fascination, which connects different brands and products to its customers.
How Nik Sharma Became a Leader in his Role
Nik Sharma’s skillset is attributed to his vast advertising industry knowledge. Additionally, years of experience working with different brands across various industries have equipped him to work with practically any company.
Nik Sharma’s skillset can also be accredited to his willingness and tenacity to learn new things as they come up in the industry. Additionally, his open-mindedness has helped him explore other fields such as entrepreneurship and investing, which he is now quite good at.
Lastly, Nik Sharma’s leadership can be accredited to his ability to build relationships with people from various backgrounds. This has helped him form valuable partnerships that have benefitted both himself and the brands he represents.
Nik Sharma Accomplishments
- Nik is proof that success is not limited to age and has accomplished the following;
- At 22, he launched his own company and is currently building it up.
- He is also among the youngest investors on the Forbes 30 under 30 list!
- At 15, Nik managed to work for celebrities like Pitbull, Frankie J., and Priyanka Chopra.
- As an intern, Nik successfully managed to work with brands like Walmart, Complex (magazine), TripAdvisor, etc. This shows how successful his career has been since the beginning!
- Nik worked at Hint as a director of performance marketing and was successful in this role.
- At Sharma, Nik got to work together with popular brands like; JUDY, The Pill Club, and Poo-Pourri, which he helped scale their incomes through digital platforms.
- Nik helped the newly launched Sharma Brands perform so well that it caught the attention of investors, and more brands started to put money into the company.
- He is a co-founder of Fascination, a site that helps brands connect to their customers.
DTC brands are the future of marketing, and Nik Sharma is one person who has mastered this domain. He is a role model for many individuals in his age group because he has demonstrated how to be successful early! Nik Sharma is, without a doubt, one of the most successful young entrepreneurs in the world today.
He has managed to achieve a lot at such a young age and his ventures show no signs of stopping anytime soon! His skillset, leadership, experience, and tenacity have helped him build successful relationships with brands across various industries. Nik is proof that success is not limited to age and we can only expect great things from him in the future!
You should also consider reading these articles:
- eCommerce Influencers
- Josh Snow – Serial Entrepreneur
- Sara Du: CEO and Co-founder of Alloy Automation
- Andrew Youderian – Founder of eCommerceFuel
- Tobias Lütke – CEO at Shopify
- Tatiana James – eCommerce Entrepreneur
- Steve Chou – CEO at MyWifeQuitHerJob
- A Look Inside Chase Dimond
- Colin Wayne, Founder of Redline Steel
- All to Know About Kristen LaFrance